Friday, April 24, 2009

A Week Ago Today


Last friday we buried my sister. It seems like it may have been 2 days ago, but not an entire week. I know she is in heaven. I know she is out of pain. These are wonderful things. What I don't know is why God chooses to heal so many people, young and old, on this earth. What is the purpose of her dying? What am I to learn from this experience? I may never get these answers. In the mean time I am very aware of God's presence and that everything seems so quiet now.
A few days before the funeral I wanted to put together a flower arrangement with gerbera daisies. I went to about 6 stores shopping for the reception and never found them. You can find those everywhere! At the cemetery, I noticed there were gerberas in her casket spray and I promised myself I would toss one in her grave if we could. I grabbed a deep pink gerbera for me, and a light pink rose for my mum. I know its seems small, but it was poignant at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment