Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Unexpected

I was looking up fonts and came across some really nice ones for a new project. The artist, named Sara, had made a design statement so I looked up some of her other stuff. She started doing alot of projects when she lost her leg to cancer years ago. I felt inspired and read more about her. I was surprised that she had documented so many aspects of her life, and even more surprised to discover that she died 2 weeks before Guen did. This statement regarding her blog was written by her boyfriend:

"She started this website because there's more to life than what we lose, and we need to let each other know what's possible, even if it's only a happy, ordinary life."

Reading his process of grief reminded me of our own struggles. The last entry he made was in Sept. 09 and he was drowning in sorrow. I am learning so much about grief and how universal it is. I could feel the anguish through his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment