Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sister, You're such an Angel to Me



I purchased this ornament this year for my tree, in my sister's memory. Back in the day, Precious Moments was something I was fond of. I was not a big collector, but when we drove across country, we did stop at the headquarters and saw the famous chapel. I was surprised how extraordinary it was. So being nostalgic, this ornament caught my eye, because its a little red-headed girl holding something. I noticed she was holding a little angel in a gift box and thought, wow!-and for a split second I was reminded that Guen was such a gift to me. In the next few seconds I gasped when I realized what it said..."For my sister". It was a wierd-sad-happy-light headed-moment all rolled into one.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Veronica, what a bittersweet story. The angel ornament is adorable though and will be such a precious keepsake.

    ReplyDelete