Friday, December 11, 2009

On the 11th Day of Christmas





Guen's treasured gifts were her family. She was very happily married to Dave. She never said an unkind word about him in their 11 years of marriage. Trust me...she's my sister and she would have told me! lol:) I know she loved him dearly and for good reason. The love and care that he showered on my sister for so many years has also blessed her extended family. Their picture is from Thanksgiving 2005.

Guen lost a baby, through miscarriage, that they call "baby Gus". They are together now in Heaven.

The other joy in Guen's life was her daughter, Elizabeth, known to all as Libby. What a dream come true to have a baby girl and the beautiful Libby at that! Through all her pain, suffering, and despair, she only had to look at baby girl for encouragement. God's grace helped her to endure, but the gift of Libby was a special encouragement and source of strength. There they are in Oregon, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment